Tuesday, June 18, 2013
A birthday list...
My birthday came and went, quietly again, like last year. I guess that's what birthdays do as you get older. Of course, no birthday of mine is complete without a list of lofty goals and ambitions for the coming year.
I make a list every year and I feel like I tend to add things that are maybe just a tad bit unobtainable, maybe I'm too optimistic about the future and what I can realistically get done with my current schedule. Last year was a total fluke because I had no idea what life was going to be life after having a baby and seemed to think maternity leave would allow for all kinds of free time...ha! This year I have tried to set extremely realistic expectations for myself and have even come close to obtaining several items on the list already...yay!
1. Work out and get into shape
- Getting there, almost all the baby weight is gone and now I'm working on getting my stomach flat again
2. Create a photobook of L's first year
- Hoping to have this complete for her birthday party
3. Take a trip with Mike sans baby
- Scheduled for the end of next month!
4. Pay down a good portion of our debt
5. Set up a short term and long term savings account
6. Go on a hike
- We are visiting Vermont soon and hoping to get in a couple of hikes with the baby!
7. Visit Morocco
- This is tentatively set for March
8. Plan a trip to Paris with my mom
9. Spend a couple of days hanging out in London
- Hoping to do this en route to Morocco in March
10. Create a cute holiday card this year
11. Implement my new business plan
12. Hang up all the artwork in the house
13. Create a family wall and hang more pictures of us
14. Bathroom renovation
15. Refinance our mortgage
- This is in the works now
16. Make plans to attend Brimfield
17. Invest in the stock market again
18. Stop eating out so much
19. Put more time and focus into the vintage shop
20. Finish the wall of cabinets in the kitchen
21. Make/sew something
22. Make a photo/coffee table book of our best travel photos
23. Start taking family videos
- We shot 3 this weekend!
24. Meditate at least once a week
25. Completely finish decorating a room
26. Make more time for myself
- I'm scheduling a day to myself sometime in the fall
27. Clean and organize garage and keep it that way
28. Work on an outdoor/backyard project
29. Drink more water
30. Have people over to the house and entertain more, spend more time with our friends.