I wanted to give you guys a little peak at the project I'm currently working on. Remember a looong time ago when I mentioned I was going to recover our mid century chair in coffee sack fabric? Well I finally got around to it and it's almost done so I wanted to share a little bit of the progress.
The first round of coffee sacks I ordered from a fabric supply shop were not right at all. The fabric was rough and the weave was very loose. Apparently not all coffee sacks are created equally. I then found Betty at Donkee House who was incredibly helpful and recommended some softer varieties. She even supplied photos of other customers' upholstery projects using the sacks she recommended.
The sacks she suggested were perfect and much softer than the first round I had picked out. I have to say that coffeesack fabric overall is difficult to work with so there has been a bit of a learning curve and the cushions still need some adjusting and tightening but I'm getting the hang of it.